Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yesterday

I turned 30, it was a good day! It snowed in my home town of Las Vegas, NV and I was homesick for a better part of the day, but I got through the Birthday that I had been dreading with happy times and bittersweet moments. Having lost my mom only a few months ago a part of me kept waiting for the "Happy Birthday" call all day, knowing though in my head it wouldn't come, my heart though kept skipping a beat every time my cell wrang...I wonder if that will ever go away? My husband gave me some great gifts and I got lots of presents and birthday wishes from my friends and family and my bloggy friends too, that are all so far away. Thank you for everything all of you, you made my day special and it means alot. :)

These shoes were my present to myself..and BONUS they were on sale :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday :) Glad it was good.

    The thing about your mom... I don't think it ever goes away completely. I still have a hard time during Holidays and Birthdays and it's almost been 5 years since I lost my mom.

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your Mom. I'm glad you had a great birthday though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shoes even better being on sale

    ReplyDelete