Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Inspirational Tuesday


I was watching GMA this morning and saw a really great story/interview at the end about Dana Canedy, she is a senior editor at the New York Times, where she has been a journalist for twelve years. In 2001, she was part of a team that won a Pulitzer Prize for national reporting for "How Race Is Lived in America," a series on race relations in the United States. She is also the author of A Journal for Jordan which is a beautiful and tender introduction, a loving good-bye, a reporter’s inquiry into her soldier’s life, and a heartrending reminder of the human cost of war.

The reason this story inspired me is because it is a Father's words to his only son about life, love, and faith. This father kept a journal while fighting in Iraq and when his son turned 6 months old, he finished it, shortly thereafter he was killed while fighting. *Thats the short explanation*

It is a book that I will keep for my son as its message is one that I feel will guide him throughout his life's journey, as well as helping to guide mine.


There are many books out there have inspired me or helped to guide me, the one above is just the most recent. Another that I think everyone should read is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch or at least (click on his name) watch the Video of him speaking!

I also love the Chicken Soup For the Soul series, there are some that are just really uplifting. There are others in the series that tend to make me a little sad, but there's always a good moral to it :).


So why am I doing Inspirational Tuesday? Well, I guess because I wanted to be different..lol..and every now and then I feel the need to put as much positivity out there as I can, it's more for me than anything, putting it out here means I have a place to come back too when I need a little uplifting. Anywho, I hope you enjoy my little list and take a moment to reflect on what inspires you :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, just stopping by from SITS. I haven't read that first book--it sounds really good. I *loved* The Last Lecture. It was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Book ideas. Also, loving the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I could use a pick me up now and then.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete