Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our new home and Saying good-bye to 2009

We are finally in our new home in Indiana, after a long vacation in Michigan and an awesome Christmas, we made the long drive home on Sunday. By the way driving through a horrible snow-storm, is now checked off of my to-do list for the rest of my life! I do not recommend doing this and if you have to CLOSE YOUR EYES and make SOMEONE ELSE DRIVE (that's what I did..and said A LOT of prayers)... So far, our new home is ok, it's older..not like victorian old, more late 70's old, and much bigger than I had anticipated which is actually a good thing because I need exercise and this house provides that ;). The neighbors are very friendly and we are so close to everything that I could walk if I wanted to and probably will when it's not 25 degrees.


Speaking of the weather... I never thought I would say this..but I actually kind of miss the sun..I love the gray clouds and the beauty of the rain and snow, but just one day I wish I could see the sun..lol..On the flip side, at least my ink will now be more vibrant because I will no longer tan in the winter like I did in AZ...hehehe...


So, on to the title of my post which is saying good-bye to 2009....I am trying to think of things I might miss from this year, but nothing is coming to me, this year feels like it flew by so fast..I can tell you things I won't miss, how about that?!


Things I'm glad I am leaving behind....

1. Stalkers

2. Debt

3. Debt

4. and more debt

5. 115 Degree Summers

6. Stress


That's all? Funny..I thought there would be more... I guess 2009 wasn't as horrible as I thought..teehee..


I am looking forward to 2010 and all that is in store, but I am also learning how to do everything one day at a time and not worry so much about what the future holds...It's much easier said than done ;).


So Happy New Year to all of you and may 2010 bring you whatever your heart desires! Remember to be grateful for what you've got (not material things) and learn from what you don't and as my grandma used to say "be kind to one another"....

2 comments:

  1. Your grandma is a smart cookie. Great advice that would make this world a much better place.

    I'm like you, I don't think 2009 was all that bad, a few downs but mostly just coasted along which is nice. Any crisis will quickly point out how lucky we are to be in a rut sometimes.

    Happy New Year to you and all the best that 2010 has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hauoli Makahiki Hou my friend!!

    send photos of the new house when your all settled.

    And um, glad you could cross 'driving through snow storm' off the list (smirk).

    Crazy mainland people.

    Signed,

    Hula girl dancing in no snow.

    giggle.

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete