Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things for the Holidays

I live in the desert, literally out in the middle of the desert, there are other houses around, but we all have an acre of dirt and weeds that can sometimes pass as "grass", between us. Since it's the desert it's HOT 10 months out of 12 (sometimes 11), which means that I get ONE whole month of fall/winter :). So in honor of that I am going to share some of my favorite Fall/Winter/Holiday things..

1. Normally it would be the colors changing, but out here everything is Brown 365 days a year, so I guess I will say I like watching the colors change everywhere BUT here :)

2. I love the COLD and as soon as it hits 75 degrees I break out my sweaters! HAHA!

3. I love to bake, I usually bake all year long, but for the Holiday Season I tend to go overboard and become a comfort food maniac! Some of the things I bake are...chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, fudge, brownies, cupcakes, pumpkin crisp, pumpkin tarts, pumpkin pie, apple pie and if I keep going I'm going to get really hungry.....

4. I love hot chocolate, mostly the Starbucks kind because I always get a Peppermint Hot Chocolate...if you haven't had one TRY one this year, I promise you won't be disappointed!

5. I love YANKEE Candles, their Fall/Winter Scents are so wonderfully yummy! I have a whole list of those that when you burn them together or even separate they make your whole House smell so good, so here goes..Harvest, Red Apple Wreath, Pumpkin (anything except spice, I'm allergic to it), Christmas Cookies, Jack Frost, Silver Bells, Atumn Gold, Autmn Leaves, Sparkiling Cinnamon....That's just to name a few... I'll add to the list later :)

6. I Love to GIVE presents, sounds corny I know, but since most of my friends and some of my family's Birthdays are during this season I get to give presents for like 3 months! Oh and I like to GET presents too, my birthday is 8 days before Christmas (Dec. 17 for those that don't want to do the math..hehe). Serioulsy though I think giving presents is way more fun, especially when it's a REALLY good present and you get to see the person's face light up, it's just the best feeling!

7. I love Holiday FOOD, not just the baked goodies, but Turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes, and stuffing..did I mention stuffing? And gravy and sweet potatoes, and green bean caaserole, and even though I don't get to eat it anymore, I loved my grandma's Carrott Bread Pudding with lemon sauce, it was something she ALWAYS made at Christmas and only she and I would eat it, I can't think of anyone else ever eating it but us (Brit correct me if I'm wrong please..), I also love my Aunt's Blueberry Yum Yum, it's also a Family tradition, Thanksgiving and Christmas ONLY, but I swear if given the chance I could probably eat it EVERYDAY!

8. I Love Christmas Music and movies, it just takes me back to being a kid and I get soooooo giddy, another great feeling! Some of my favorite singers/movies are Josh Groban, Nat King Cole, the soundtrack to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Carol, T'was The Night Before Christmas....another really long list.....

9. I love TRADITIONS, putting up the tree and decorating it, wrapping presents (even though I suck at it!), watching A Christmas Carol on Christmas eve, singing songs with my family....everyone gathered around opening presents...(man I miss my family!)

10. My favorite thing about this time of year is all the LOVE you can feel from people, except for the crazy ones that are out shopping, some of those people are not about the love...most places you go to though people are just kinder around the Holidays, something about this time of year that just makes you want to LOVE everyone...maybe it's just me?

There is alot more stuff that I really love, but I'll stop here because my child is banging on things.....What do you love about this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. Dec. 17th?? that's my anniversary and my nephews birthday. He was actually born the day I got married. His daddy was supposed to be in the wedding...but we ALL got a better deal. :)

    thanks so much for commenting on my blog. Means alot to get the motivation to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete