Monday, June 15, 2009

To My Son..

My Dearest Nathen,

I know you are too little to read this right now because you are 2, but I wanted to write it anyway so that when you are older you can read this... I know the last few weeks have been very hard, I know it's tough having to go to a strangers house and be around other kids that you don't know for 9 hours a day. I promise it won't be this way forever. I miss you everyday you're there and I wish more than anything that you could be here with me, but I promise it won't be this way forever. I wish there was a way to help you understand and to make your days easier, hopefully in time it won't be so bad..I feel horrible, I hope you can forgive mommy for having to leave you and I hope I can forgive myself...I love you so much baby boy and I promise it won't be this way forever...

I love you Nate..

Always,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those days. Dropping the little one off and then crying allll the way to work. My son now doesn't even remember going to the sitter at that age and then when he got older and when to some other sitters he talks about the fun he had, so I don't feel so bad about those early days BUT I know how it stinks for you. I missed my little one like crazy. You hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mesa you are more then a wonderful person and you are impressive that you do the best you can. You love your little boy and he knows it...You better start showing some love to yourself because you are amazing and I wish more people were like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that the sweetest letter to your son. It goes to show just how hard we are on ourselves, and how our kids like to "play" us. I swear my two girls (1 and 2) have already figured this out. I will get ready to go, and they will scream, cry and say "please please don't go, I love you,....are you mad at me" Urghhh, it breaks my heart, but seconds after I leave they are playing with the toys or off doing something naughty..=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway! I added your blog to my Google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete