Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Mom

















My mom passed away on Friday August 29, 2008 at her home in Las Vegas, NV at approximately 10:30 pm. I am grieving yet still in shock. It doesn't seem real to me I just saw her 2 weeks ago at my cousin Ali's wedding reception...The pain of losing her is unexplainable, she was my best friend, our relationship was not typical mother daughter, my grandma was the one that primarily raised me, but my mom was always there in a sisterly capacity, she was the one that taught me how to be a free spirit and to love music and to appreciate God through the beauty of Nature. So much of my favorite things are because of her, she taught me how to read, she taught me to love books and to use them as an escape instead of what she used as her escape, drugs...My mother was not perfect, she had demons that in the end she lost the battle too. But she had a huge heart, she loved animals, dogs and horses especially, she was always kind to everyone and if she saw a stranger in need more often than not if she could help she would. She was the one person that I could tell anything and everything to without fear, she never judged me or anyone, she only would do her best to understand every mistake and try to guide me in her own way. I miss her terribly and will for the rest of my life, my only comfort is knowing that she is no longer in pain and that she is with her mom and dad who love her just as much as I do. Rest in peace mom I love you.....























1 comment:

  1. We're sad and we love you. I must say though that what you wrote about your mom was really great. Not to mention you are a great writer let me know if you have any books or poetry out there?! LOve you!

    ReplyDelete