Monday, August 11, 2008

The End of Summer






Elissa went home yesterday...the house is somewhat quiet and empty feeling without her, Nate and Pudge are still wild, but somehow its just not the same without her. We had so much fun together, we went to the movies the day before she left to see "Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 2" which was awesome and a few weeks prior to that we saw "Mama Mia", which was also awesome (I use awesome alot because she has rubbed off on me and that happens to be her favorite word). We did ALOT of cooking and baking and shopping. Along with all the fun my daughter taught me some very important lessons about life and also she taught me how to be a better mom. I realized that there are plenty of women that can give birth to babies and never know what it truly means to be a mom and there are also women who can't have babies but are born to be mothers. I was taught by this smarter than she should be 9 year old that being a mom means having all the answers even when your answer is I'm not sure, but I'll find out and that baking cupcakes for no reason is better than anything and that I am the funniest mom on earth because she gets my jokes and that no matter how hard of a day there is she forgives and loves me anyway. So, before I get even sappier I'll just post some pics of my girl and then do another blog..hehe..(I know I have slacked lately..thanks for the patience)..

No comments:

Post a Comment